Emergency Financial Assistance Recipients 2011
The Emergency Financial Assistance Program at Schenectady County Community College
has served five (5) women during the 2010-2011 academic year with a grand total of $2,650 awarded. The funds helped these women to:
- re-establish housing;
- assist with application fees for transferring;
- purchase books that needed to be replaced after a car theft;
- repair a computer for academics;
- pay membership dues for scholarship activities;
- assist with travel fees to attend career development opportunities;
- replace eyeglasses broken from an accident; and
- pay for required travel to college offering a scholarship opportunity to the student.
"We are excited that these awards will make an immediate and decisive difference in women’s ability to earn the degrees they need for financial security," said Susan Houpt, chair of the Women’s Fund of the Capital Region Steering Committee.